Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentines Day.....

Here is a card for two challenges, Day 350 at 365 Cards - Create at least 3 stacks of different items on your card.  The other challenge is Simple Doodles - Add some background.

The bear on my card is a freebie from Simple Doodles - isn't it cute?!  I printed it off on some craft card stock.  I learned a new colouring technique which I used to colour in the heart - maybe this has been around for a while but it is new to me and I plan to use it again. Sakura Gelly Roll pens are water based so using a gelly roll pen and a small paint brush put a dab of ink on to your image and "drag" the ink around with a small wet paint brush. Day 350 challenge required stacks...so I stacked my paper - it is from my stash (I think it is Dream Street Papers) and I have a few layers, a little stack of brads and a BIG stack of chipboard hearts!
Some of the hearts I covered in matching paper and inked the edges....hmmm wonder who will get this card tomorrow!  

Thanks for stopping by!  GO CANADA GO....

2 comments:

Rose said...

aw this is so sweet! thanks for joining us on Simple Doodles :)

Unknown said...

Super cute!!! I love those hearts, they work perfect with the bear!!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge.
Trish