Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Images @ Simple Doodles...It's So Ducky!!!!

Trish @ Simple Doodles is posting a new challenge soon (I think it will be on March 26th) and she will also be releasing some new images. 

Both of these cards were made using the cute little duck!
For this card I used basic grey sugar rush along with some plain card stock - some of the pieces were embossed with swiss dots. This was all layered together and topped off with some ribbon.  The image was printed off on white and coloured with copics - then I ran his back half through the swiss dots folder, then get this - I put some brown ink on my finger to give the dots some colour and the brown ink coloured the dots and left little clear circles around the dots, I thought it looked cool - this image is fun and can be used in many ways - the inside of this card reads "lucky duck"
This next card was really fun to do too - I ended up using the same image - printing it twice - one I flipped and turned into a little baby ducky. The card base is Bazzill card stock, so is the white trim.  The yellow and purple are both Making Memories - for this card I didn't do anything to the digi stamps other than resize and print - how simple is that...oh at the same time I created a sentiment and printed just once!  I layered the two images and stuck them down and pop dotted the little duck. I used threading water punch and added some rain dots.
Be sure to drop by Simple Doodles and check out the challenge.
Don't you just love Spring!?
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Both of these are super cute!!! Love how both are so different!!! Thanks so much for sharing.
Trish

Rose said...

oh i love how you added the embossed dots to the cute ducky!! both are fantastic :)